Saturday, September 1, 2012

Kundalini


Oh, Kundalini yoga. How I missed you last week.

Had to clean the Bodega last Saturday after it had some reconstruction so I missed my normal Saturday morning class at the Yoga Sanctuary. 

Last week I cleaned the restaurant, this week I got to cleanse my body. It doesn't feel right if I don't get that in each week.

From what I've read about Kundalini, its the energy coiled at the spine that gets stimulated by kriyas and breathing. It runs up the body through the chakras cleansing and balancing your energy. 

Breathing is so simple. Do it right and it can detoxify tons in your body. I sometimes forget to breathe.

As soon as we start, I sweat like someone lit a fire in me. The heat your body can create is unbelievable and today in a pose I looked up and watched the ceiling vibrate. But the best part is the chanting. It brings so much peace to my soul.

Andrea is a great teacher and I love the end song we all sing together. It gives me chills every time.

May the long time sun shine upon you
All love surround you
And the pure light within you
Guide your way on


Intention is everything. 

Something I think about when I start to plan this trip to Arizona and the energy fields. Those rocks are calling me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment