Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas in the Keys






Ah the holidays... It still makes me laugh seeing Christmas decorations on palm trees down here. There are some very large displays with possibly the biggest inflatable Santas that I've ever seen. And as always your locals take it up a notch.

Sometimes you see a creative way to use old road construction fencing. Who knew it could make such a festive bow?

Or you get your own neighborhood smackdown on the meaning of Christmas. I was riding down a street near my house where I saw two displays directly across from each other - both very different.

One was a very traditional, small, tastefully lighted Jesus and his furry friends. The other was a Santa orgy blowout complete with a continuous loop of "We Wish You a Merry Christmas", lighted moving alligator and gas lit tiki torches. 

It made me think of South Park's the Spirit of Christmas where Jesus and Santa fight it out. The best Christmas story, ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment