Thursday, March 10, 2011

Peru

Book a trip, have a monsoon kayak tour.

God bless nice boys with boats and jet skis...and one in particular. I discovered that everyone needs a rescue from time to time, including me.

The description read early this morning for today's events was: the "winds of change" were going to be blowing hard.

Holy crap, that's an understatement.

Waterlogged and exhausted after trying to herd people to safety, I started to wonder how I was going to do it all. I could hardly get myself pointing in the right direction and moving, let alone a group.

As I struggled I kept hearing, "Don't fight the water. Go with the flow. Surrender to it."

I did exactly that and just when I thought I was sunk, an army showed up to help me right when I needed them. I was no longer having to fight it all on my own.

People showing up...Winds of change, indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment