Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pool Day







Pool day. Ummm, why haven't I been doing this more???

I finally gave in to resting up after my Peru trip and am really starting to get into it. Kinda like succumbing to the Siesta in Spain. Fighting it does no good, sometimes you just need to allow time to be.

The past two days, I've been on a mission cleaning out every nook and cranny. Uncovering some old work I haven't seen in a while and finally seeing it with new eyes. Damn it if I don't say, it's good. Can't believe the harsh scrutiny I used to give it.

Dreams. My dreams lately have been varied, colorful with great movement. I may sit still in waking life but in dream life, I'm everywhere.

Last night I woke up in the middle of a dream seeing vivid colors and snakes dance before my eyes. The snake has been a companion of mine lately ever since I asked it to devour me in my dreams. A symbol of the underworld and one of transformation, I finally decided to let it in after it stopped me on the bike path one evening. A few nights later I found myself diving into its mouth.

Plants and animals have so much to teach us. If you want to read a good book, I suggest The Shaman and Ayahuasca. We really do take a lot of things for granted that others hold in deep reverence. Nature has a lot to teach us if we just let it in.

Enjoying the down time and looking forward to August. This year is just flying by...


No comments:

Post a Comment