Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ode to My Baby















Ode to the Beast, a love song to my car.

A bit beat up, a few nasty scars but can you can still peel out like no other.

Been a sittin' since I got back from Spain. Needed more fixes and I thought it was a pain.

Imposed battery hibernation and the tires had seen better days. Thought it might had been time to let you go but then thought "NO WAY!"

Don't really need a car down here, one thing I greatly like. Out to Stock Island and the grocery store I get there on my bike.

Think it's the fact that this metal monster has been my escape hatch when the time was ripe. At one time I refused to own more than I could fit in my car.

Mother thought it was strange, I thought it was wise. Now everything I own is down to that size.

But the hatch is no more. I don't want to escape; I want to explore.

So off to Oily's to juice up the beast and to Sears to tread it's feet.

In the midst of a monsoon, the metal monster moved once again. Revved up, ready to rocket "Let's Go!" it roared and so we did.

Screamed up the Keys with a short stop at Baby's Coffee to bring me back to life too.

Pressed the petal to the metal and happily watched it devour the road. "You still got it." I said smiling, shaking my head in disbelief.

So good to have my trusty companion back. You and I, we've been through a lot.

God, I love that gnarly beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment