Monday, January 17, 2011

Floating





Floating. It's how I've been feeling lately.

What is floating? Well, it's when I feel light and like everything has flow. Basically it's when I'm just happy to be. I've had a couple instances this past week to remind me of the feeling of float.

Examples include:

Taking a paddle board tour out, having a great time with it and wishing I could do that more often. One week later getting a call asking me to lead up a new paddle board tour being offered. They're concerned with making sure I make enough money on it, I don't care cause I just want to be out there on a board.

While working at the restaurant I got an opportunity to discuss soldering and glass cutting techniques with the resident artist/designer who works on-site. He learned how to do it from old ladies on YouTube and is starting to build a cool glass door for the wine cooler with beautiful samples he found on Ebay. Lightning strikes when I realize that the restaurant is also an art studio which is quite possibly the best restaurant job I could have ever picked.

Meeting a complete stranger at the Parrot and having a great conversation about about books, history, writers and the possibility of learning how to play backgammon. Got to ask him about the origins of backgammon and use one of my most favorite words. There's not too many times I get to work "Mesopotamia" into a sentence but those days are sweet.

Riding around the compass on white street pier while getting rid of my stash of old bread. While circling and feeding the birds it started to feel like I was part of the flock. Smiled when I realized this is the feeling of what it would be like to fly. Pretty cool and even cooler when I noticed another guy enjoying it on his bike too.

Being in the grocery store grateful to pick out good food to eat. Realizing that even though I didn't want to cook that night, I no longer crave over-processed easy meals. Simple good stuff works and I like the way I feel taking care of myself. I do still like doughnuts and Oreos though. That will never change.

Being struck by beautiful things, taking pictures and figuring out why. The house up top is one I enjoy all the time. I was thinking to myself today about why this house always draws me in and wondering why. It's pretty plain but so beautiful and I like looking at it at different times of the day. Just as I was snapping away, the owner came out and asked if I wanted to buy it. I immediately said "I'd love to cause it has the best shadows." He laughed and I got my answer.

Having brainstorm sessions on my bike. Most of my creative thinking happens while riding on that blue cruiser. Below this post is an idea from today's office ride.

Don't know - Just got the feeling that all that re-wiring I had to do is working. Starting to plug in, feel the flow again and it feels good.






No comments:

Post a Comment