Saturday, November 7, 2015

Blossom


Sometimes you have to lose yourself to find who you really are. Multiple times.

As I watch my hair grow out into its natural color I revel in the change. Seeing the person I tried to cover up, come back in again. Wearing different hair colors, different jobs, different relationships to see what fits is no longer needed.

I love watching the dark color fill back in and wonder why I ever tried to change it. It works. My eyes look more alive framed with my natural coloring. There is an intensity. 

Maybe I wasn't ready for it before.

The dark line lengthens complete with a few grays that I'm ok not removing. My grandmother had beautiful gray hair and so will I someday.

She is here and always was. Currently her uniform is yoga booty shorts and muscle t-shirts. 

And it works




No comments:

Post a Comment