Monday, May 11, 2009

The Week in Review









I'm beat, but in a good way. It was a fun little week of occurrences. Some of the highlights included:

Finding the exact thing I needed for a new art project at the local church thrift shop. It started with a seeing a guy in a fluorescent pink shirt that said "Boys are Icky" and ended in getting 6 items for $3.00.

Learning how to swim like a fish with my fins and while doing so, had a bunch of fish come up to me. This week I was one with the fish.

After talking with a passenger on the snorkel cruise, I am now convinced that the trip to Egypt I've always wanted is going to happen. Here's to snorkeling the Red Sea; viewing the carpets of coral he described; and kickin' it Cleopatra style.

Finding a camouflaged conch on the sandbar we stopped at during today's kayak tour. It's shell was so amazingly beautiful and he even popped out to say hi.

Hearing the funniest Mother's day gift on Saturday night. At the restaurant, a cute little boy with glasses took his time ordering dinner. When I went back to check on the nice family, the mother was utterly surprised that he loved his dish including the swiss chard.

She explained that he picked it out on his own and that this was his mother's day gift to her. Loving the whole thing, I said back to her "His gift to you was to make his own decision? That's really cool."

"Yup." She said with a smile watching him go to town on the chard.













No comments:

Post a Comment