Sunday, August 9, 2009

24 Hours of Good Stuff



Had to recycle a snorkel pic from last week since this week we only had one trip with a bunch of boy scouts. A very good day none the less and it started yesterday.

It began with Cricket, Rob and Seava at a Makeover Martini function for Louie's upstairs. Enjoyed one too many Pink Lemontini and got a very fine back massage from Bob. Masseuse extraordinaire from the Pier House.

As we left, a pigeon pooped on my head. Luckily Cricket had her bag of magic tricks and I immediately got baby wiped. It can't be worse than when a seagull pooped on Cricket's tongue as she tried to lick an ice cream. Getting shat upon is supposedly good luck. We've both got a ton of good luck going on especially Cricket.

Last week I found a gun on the snorkel boat and this week I found a wedding ring. It's like a mystery grab bag. As I moved the seat cushions to clean, it clinked on the floor in front of me. I promptly took it to the booth and proposed to Shawn. Apologized for not doing it proper on bended knee but told him he wouldn't have seen me from the booth. It barely fit his pinkie.

Capt Graham wanted to clean the boat and so we did. That man likes to clean. I lost five pounds sweating but at least he was the one who cleaned the head (a.k.a. the toilet). It was "rank" as he put it and he even got some kind of solution to make it all nice. "Mint flavor!" he said smiling. What no pina colada? Note to self devise pina colada smelling head solution and become a millionaire.

After getting dirty cleaning, I headed sans shirt to the Eaton street fish market. The owners are so cool and they're excited about how well the move has gone. He told me about an artist who makes metal fish and he's going to hang them in there for free. Awesome! Got a beautiful piece of grouper and being the nice owner he is, he gave me a discount.

Unfortunately Booty had gone home right before I got there but I got my dog fix in the compound where three pugs are staying. Love me some pugs. Kayaking tomorrow, wonder what's gonna happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment