Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Bloomin' Beauties



Don't know if you've ever been to the MARC house in Key West but its definitely worth a visit. They have the best gardening stuff. 

A walk through the Orchids can just lift your spirits but the best thing is if you buy something there it goes to a great cause.

Recently the state just cut funding for the MARC house which helps people with developmental disabilities. Its a great organization and a wonderful place to spend some money, especially now. Looking for a flower for someone, well this is the place.

I got these beauties today and can't wait to start planting more.

In the midst of on the road to moving some of this funk out. This is just a part of the plan. Plants!

I live in an apartment that feels like a treehouse which makes me very happy. Widows all around and trees surrounding it. It's not huge but its just perfect for me and I love coming home to it. 

Been meaning to get some more leaves in the house and the MARC house has everything I need and more. 

Starting to get in a groove again I think. I figure everyone gets in a funk from time to time, right? So why not share what helps. Here's what's currently helping mine:

#1 Red Tara meditation - This thing has been my clarity through thick and thin. Once I do it, things seem to make sense. Always.

#2 Kundalini Yoga - Its strange but beautiful and makes me feel like I've just hit a reset button.

#3 Swims at Ft Zach - Just being in salt water makes me feel like a new person. Such calm and buzz I'm considering buying a pass to the park. When I can't make it to the park, I soak in Epsom salts at home. 

#4 Good healthy food. Fruits, veggies, chocolate covered almonds. Yum.

#5 Laughter and acting stupid with good friends 

Mostly I'm just trying to do what I think feels good in the moment and it seems to be working. 

So here's to shaking some of that funk outta the trunk. Happy Bloomin' Wednesday, yo.




No comments:

Post a Comment