Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Shhhhhhhhh


In between my tiny sombrero days, I usually enjoy a nice long quiet one. Honestly after talking to people all day long in both jobs a lot of times I just like to not talk to a soul.

Finished my last book and found a random new one which is pretty good so far. Its called "Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking"

Seems we shifted from a culture of character to a culture of personality sometime around the turn of the century. And that coincided with advertising. 

Advertising it appears was indeed created by Satan. 

Now a days, it seems like people just talk with nothing really to say. They can't sit still in their own skin long without a Kardashian style response. 

Might be more of an American thing as I was informed by one British customer last night after he complained about the room he sat in being too loud from all the Americans that can't stop talking over one another.

But not all Americans. Before the Brit, an American couple thanked me for taking food to a table which immediately made a certain rowdy bunch lower their volume. Food going into mouths does tend to do that unless you're a spitter. 

I concur! Quiet is sometimes just what we need.

Must have been why when our very overly talkative co-worker last night kept asking me if I needed anything to the point of insanity. I finally asked for him to stop talking.

It worked. Thanks Quiet!

No comments:

Post a Comment