Monday, May 6, 2013

Viva La Tiny Sombrero!


If you ever need a little pick me up in life. Just get yourself a tiny sombrero.

I got this one at the toy shop in town for Fantasy Fest thinking I'd use it once. I now seem to stick it in my purse for all kinds of functions. Hell, the tiny sombrero may get you invited to some.


That's how I ended up going to dinner with my good friend Eric. He saw a comment I posted on a friends Cinco de Mayo bar pic. Essentially that pic was a drunk cat with tequila bottles and this exact sombrero. 


After Eric saw me tell that drunk cat to gimme my hat back. It suddenly spurred him to ask me about dinner. Which is amazing cause I had feeling I needed an Eric fix lately.


Eric is my art buddy. We talk about all kinds of stuff and usually like the weird stuff best. The conversation goes all over the place and ends up with some kind of creative manifesto about life. If you do not have a friend like this go out and get yourself one now.


So we had some serious discussions when I decided it was time to pee. As I waited for the ladies room door to open, a tiny sombrero came peeking out. An older lady had on my hat!!!


I complimented her on her tiny sombrero and shared that I had the same one. After finishing my business, I hurriedly ran out and dug into my purse to grab said sombrero and put it on. 


Eric immediately says "Why have you been holding out on us with that?!" 


"I totally forgot about it until I saw a lady in the bathroom with the same exact hat!!!" I said scanning the room for her. 


Now this is an "upscale steakhouse" and you'd think it'd be easy to find an older lady in a tiny sombrero pretty quick, but alas no. She disappeared. The only time I had a lady disappear on me like this was when I was 5 and she was a ghost holding a candle. 


So this wonderful lady is now my sombrero godmother. Yes, you read that correctly. Sombrero Godmother.


While sitting at the bar feeling suddenly festive, attractive young couples would pass and say seriously "Wow, that is a great hat." in a very serious voice.

And my response would be "Why thank you would you like to try it on? It makes everyone happy"


They would intially resist. Say that it wouldn't fit but I assured them it was a child's hat, I bought it at a toy shop and it fits EVERYONE. A bunch wore it and immediately turned to their significant other with a smile. Somewhere in the distance you could hear someone yell out "GREAT HAT!".


So the morale of the story is get your self a tiny sombrero. And maybe a drunk cat to hang out with.


THE END.








No comments:

Post a Comment