Sunday, December 21, 2014

Happy Solstice!




Happy Solstice everyone!

Ahhhhhhh, the longest night of the year. A time when we start to come out of the darkness and back into the light.

On this blessed day, I take a lovely bike ride down by the water and think of all the things I'm grateful for. 

Family and friends. Friends who are like family. My yoga community. (which is quickly becoming a part of that realm)

I'm grateful for my two work families as you can see above. Both crazy groups of people who all try to work together to help other crazies who visit here.

And on this day, I set an intention. That intention is to make my trip to Iceland a reality this year. I want to do yoga all over the world and especially in the land of Fire and Ice with a dash of Bjork.

Is it lame to get excited when you get an email back from someone in Iceland? Or to find out at a movie last night that there are artist residencies to be had there too?

In sharing more of what I read with you I offer this cool article about celebrating the darkness of solstice. 

But most of all I'm grateful for surviving both Christmas work parties. 

Too bad the inflatable sheep didn't make it...


No comments:

Post a Comment